blog background

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Creative Plagiarism

Last night was my best friend's graduation party.  I had been planning for months.  Nothing says pressure like planning an event for someone who just graduating in planning events!  I was able to channel my inner craft nerd and make a few things to personalize the party for her.  I'm not terribly creative, but I have mad skills at adapting and stealing other's ideas and words and making them "my" own.

Wonder if this sort of creative plagiarism could be considered a hobby?

Anyway, here are a two fun things I did...

She loves daisies which I had put on the invitation I made.  So to carry the theme through the party, I adapted something I had seen on Pinterest into something that worked for the party.
I also took a photo she had from all her studies and added two quotes (one which was serious given the occasion; the other was so funny and obvious because of the subject of the picture and because Beauty & the Beast is my favorite animated movie...a fact she knows all too well).

No comments:

Post a Comment