When I was thinking of what my first blog post should be, I remembered the sermon I heard this morning at church. The pastor referenced a song (which I have, aptly, titled this post). I hadn't heard the song since my childhood days back in Sunday School. When I got home, I reread the lyrics and realized the words hold true even today! And those words, the sentiment, are at the very heart of what I think this blog will become.
I am an unfinished part! But thankfully I have God's grace and love to guide me along the way. I also have some pretty phenomenal friends and family. And what I intend to do with this blog is showcase pieces and stories that inspire and motivate me as I muddle through figuring out that which I need to ditch and that I don't. What is it you need to ditch?
Some things we may need to ditch are obvious:
a few pounds (or more)...
a negative attitude...
But some things we may need to ditch may require soul-searching:
our ungratefulness...
feeling sorry for ourselves...
being judgmental...
Regardless, we are all works-in-progress if we are willing to grow and change. I am glad I was reminded of that song from so long ago. It seems very fitting. If you've never heard it or just forgotten it, here it is:

No comments:
Post a Comment